As the crisis continues, all businesses have switched marketing strategies to the quarantine mode. Minor or major, changes have been made to operation hours, customer communication, marketing methods, and planning.
New strategies have been explored since January when the COVID-19 outbreak in China.
• Online Webinar Promotion
Holding online webinars and inviting ACBSP-accredited business schools to share accreditation experiences. In 2019, Shanghai Business School and Ningbo University of Technology achieved ACBSP accreditation. They are expected to share their accreditation experiences with peer business schools. Existing candidates and potential customers showed great interest in participating in the webinar, as the content is useful and accessible under these circumstances.
• Keeping regular communications with ACBSP members and potential customers
In this pandemic, it is important to listen to the customers and try to offer useful suggestions.
• Social media promotion
ACBSP Chinese Wechat Official Account (Chinese Facebook) offers a platform for information sharing and collecting feedback from target audiences. During the COVID-19 crisis, with faculties and students under a self-quarantine situation, the Wechat official account is one of the most effective ways to draw attention and share information.
These strategies are successful and effective. Although COVID-19 affects people’s normal working and living life, it does not stop ACBSP promotion in China. The number of membership applications and applications for candidacy continue to rise from what we saw in 2019. Here are the details and geographic layout:
• Shanghai Business School, Shanghai
• Ningbo University of Technology, Ningbo, Zhejiang Province
• Beijing Foreign Study University, Beijing
• Beijing International Study University, Beijing
ACBSP Wechate Account
• North China University of Technology, Beijing
• Guangzhou University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province
• Changshu Institute of Technology, Changshu Jiangsu Province
• Shandong Vocational and Technical University of International Studies
• Jiangsu University
• Anhui Normal University
• Tianfu College of Southwestern of Finance and Economics
Apart from the institutions, a couple of other institutions showed great interest to joining ACBSP after the online promotions.
The COVID-19 crisis changed the teaching style in China, so how to enhance quality assurance is one of the popular topics discussed among faculties and students. ACBSP is dedicated to helping business education to be successful, which is the key to attract members.
I believe ACBSP’s value has been recognized by more and more Chinese education institutions. ACBSP will be more successful in the near future!